I’m not wondering anymore when I see a nasty eczema on my daughter’s skin. I just use my personal experience, better said natural ways in getting rid of it and calming down the itchy rash. I’m not a dermatologist, but it happened to discover some natural ways in dealing with this itchy situation and gladly I will share this information with you.
After trying some over-the-counter treatments I said: enough! Call grandma because this is a waste of money and patience, besides I couldn’t see my daughter scratching herself and being cranky.
So, my grandma was a 20th century nurse, living in the county side, and she knows all the remedies in the world to heal any condition and alleviate people’s pain. Given this reason, she’s more than trustworthy when it comes to alternative medicine and therapy.
Natural treatment for eczema – kid friendly remedy:
- Colloidal oatmeal
How to use:
- Give your child a nice colloidal oatmeal bath because it will help relieve dry and itchy skin.
- Add the colloidal oatmeal to the running lukewarm water.
- Let your child soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the bath, gently dry your child, leaving enough water on the skin so that it feels damp.
- Apply your child’s moisturizer within 3 minutes of bathing.
Ok! As you can’t give a colloidal oatmeal bath to your child often, you can alternate the bath by applying cold compress as it follows:
- Soak a clean towel or washcloth in cool water.
- Wring the towel or washcloth until damp.
- Apply the cool compress to the itchy skin.
- After removing the compress, apply your child’s moisturizer to the skin you just treated with the compress.