Lately I’ve started my gym classes and, after the first session, every inch of my body was in pain. Yes, this is the result of sedentary lifestyle, but still, the muscle soreness it’s unbearable. I discovered that I had muscles in areas I didn’t know I had muscles! Funny! Even the easiest tasks were a nuisance – a simple thing such as tying my shoelaces seemed like I had the whole world on my shoulders.
Well, after finishing my first session, I took an aspirin to stay away from muscles soreness, but, somehow, it didn’t work for me. I have to mention that my personal trainer helped me with some stretches to prevent sore muscles! Still aching!
However, I wanted to apply Ben Gay to alleviate the soreness but I was out of it. As Vicks Vaporub was in the medicine cabinet, I remembered of an article I read once about Vicks Vaporub surprising uses and one of those uses was soothing aching muscle.
Holy Molly! This topical over-the-counter ointment was surprising relieving.
Why is Vicks Vaporub so effective for sore muscles?
It seems that the mixture of herbal ingredients (camphor, menthol, eucalyptus, thymol) stimulates the blood flow. The same effect has aspirin over muscle soreness.
Even if is topical, Vicks Vaporub doesn’t have that burning effect as any other topical ointment. Actually, it has cooling effect due to menthol and eucalyptus.
How to use Vicks Vaporub for sore muscles?
- First, refrigerate Vicks VapoRub
- After showering, apply a substantial quantity to the affected area
- Get started by massaging gently the aching muscle tissue till the ointment will get deep into the skin
- Repeat the process with the other leg
- Now, apply a thick Vicks Vaporub layer over the aching muscle and put a warm towel over it
- Put your aching legs on a pillow and let it act for for 30 minutes
- Take away the towel, however don’t wash Vicks VapoRub surplus and let the ointment act further
I honestly tell you that the next day i was feeling much better. Of course, the pain didn’t go away completely, but I could bend and walk.