A few weeks ago my family came visiting me and they decided to extend their vacay for a month. Well, it was amazing but at the same time exhausting. Way too many people living in a 3-bedroom apartment! Yet, after they left, my house was begging for attention and a proper cleaning. Only that, instead of cleaning it for a few hours as I normally do, I’ve finished cleaning in almost 2 days. It was a real bad situation, trust me! But, the struggle didn’t stop here, because I ended with a painful and stiff back that barely could make me move. I was dragging myself to the kitchen to eat something and to prepare a homemade remedy for lower back pain recommended by my grandmother. As a matter of fact, this natural back pain relief ointment is great if you use it for all sorts of pains. Well, heartaches are not included!
This recipe is so simple to make even if you are already in pain. The base of this natural balm is coconut oil and essential oils.
- 3 tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons of sweet almond oil
- 8 drops of spearmint essential oil
- 10 drops of wintergreen essential oil
- 8 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 8 drops of frankincense essential oil
- small balm containers
- Fill half of your double boiler with water and place it on low to medium heat. Then, measure out your beeswax and add to the top half and place on the stove.
- Bring the water to the boiling point, stirring the wax once or twice to break it, in case it sticks too much. This process should be done slowly to prevent from burning the wax. If the wax gets overheated or burned, its properties will be lost. Once you hear the water simmering, turn it way down to the lowest setting.
- While that is coming to a boil, add the coconut oil and have it ready. You can also get your containers set out and ready for filling.
- The coconut oil does have a tendency to solidify if it gets cool, so if that is the case, put it in a warm bowl or in a bowl of very warm water and it will liquefy enough to easily pour.
- Once the beeswax is clear and melted, add in the coconut oil. Then, add the sweet almond oil into the mix.
- Give these a stir and once they are melted, which doesn’t take long at all, stir together to blend well.
- The next step is to add in the essential oils and stir the mix together.
- Now, fill the small containers with the balm while it’s still liquid.
- Let the balms cool and solidify at room temperature until they are fully cooled off.
- Once they are cooled off, the balm is ready to use.
How To Use:
Take a pea-sized amount of your natural pain relief balm and rub into area that is sore or uncomfortable.